CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12.31.2009

Mixed Metals!!

I found this design in an issue of InStyle magazine a few months back and have been dying to try it. I've been sick and stuck in the house the past couple days so I decided to try it out since I was bored. It turned out pretty nicely and I think it looks like a Minx design. But the best part is that it is inexpensive and easy enough to do at home! See instructions below the pic...


 

As you can see I was trying to catch the sun, it was playing hide-n-go seek but I managed to get a few good shots, these two were the best from the group...To get the look all you need are these things:
  • Base Coat
  • Gunmetal Nail Polish (OPI's "Baby It's Coal Outside" or Zoya's "Freja" are good ones)
  • Kami Nail Foil Adhesive (click here)
  • Kami Nail Foil in Gold and Silver (click here)
Follow these simple steps and you've got the look:
  • Lacquer nails with two coats of gunmetal. Allow at least five minutes for the polish to dry.
  • Sweep nail adhesive over the polish. It will change from white to clear matte when dry.
  • Place a strip of silver foil (shiny side facing up) over your nail, tap three to four times with your fingertip to deposit the pigment, then peel off. Repeat steps with the gold foil
**Don't use top coat it messes with the effect of the foil. I tried it on my pinkie finger as you can see it looks slightly different from the others...also don't be afraid to experiment with other colors. The foil comes in an assortment of colors, so try out some different ones!!



Hope you enjoy...Happy New Year!!



2 comments:

L said...

I really need to try this.I think I have the Instyle it was in but you did a great job.

la trousse a tichou said...

Somptuous...