CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12.01.2009

HoLiDaY PARTYING!!

Hey ladies, December is here again, can you believe it!? The last year has flown by and now its time for office parties, "get-togethers" with family and friends, and holiday partying!! What better accessory than your nails to show off your festive holiday spirit. So I've got five OPI colors that I think look great for holiday parties. Three of the colors are from OPI's Holiday Wishes Collection 2009 and two of the colors are from their Suede Collection. The suedes are up first....


Before I get started, let me explain the suedes first if you don't already know about them. They are mattes, meaning when they dry they don't have a glossy finish to them. These particular mattes are loaded with dense micro glitter, which gives them the look of suede. I absolutely love the suede collection, I think I have them all, except for the Russian Navy, which I really didn't want. They are so fun and easy to paint on because they literally glide on to the nail. Like most mattes though, they only last a couple days before chipping. But that's why I am recommending these for a night out on the town or a holiday party of course!


So let's get started, the first is "You Don't Know Jacques!"Suede




 


I love the regular "You Don't Know Jacques" color and this has become a fav as well. It has a goldish-bronze color to it and it really shimmers in a low-lit space (think candle light dinner or nice jazz club) The bottom pic, is with a top coat which actually gives the color a slightly different look.



Next is: "Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees" Suede







Another gorgeous suede, it looks silver in the bottle, but on the nail it has a grayish-green look to it that I love, especially since greens are in this season. Again the bottom pic is with a topcoat.



The next three are from the OPI Holiday Wishes Collection 2009, the first is "Holiday Glow".





I LOVE this color, so fun and festive. It's nearly impossible to capture the true color through photograph though. But this is pretty close...the color is a deep chocolate brown with purple and smoke gray under tones. It has gold, bronze, and silver micro-glitters. It's a really pretty shade! It would go perfectly with any color party dress for the season, particularly silver or gold!



The next color is one of my favorite golds for the season, "Shim Merry Chic"






And Chic it is!! Beautiful golden bronze shimmer with mini green and silver glitters and big gold flecks! Love it! Tame enough for the office and chic enough for a night out!


Finally, my favorite color from the Holiday Wishes Collection, "Merry Midnight".






I'm a purple girl :-) So that's why this is my absolute FAV from the collection. Isn't it such an awesome color though? It has a jelly formula so I applied three coats to get the darkness that I like in a purple. But it looks great at two coats as well. It has mini glitters of silver and blue and like Shim Merry Chic, it has the big gold flecks that really make the color pop!!


So I hope you have enjoyed my recommendations for the holiday partying season! Happy Holidays to you and yours! Stay tuned for my Christmas and New Years suggestions...also coming soon nail care tips for the budget conscious fashionista! PEACE!

No comments: