CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.07.2010

Matte it Up!!


Pull out those spring and summer colors and start matting!! There is something totally sophisticated about matte colors during the winter season. I guess it's because everything is dead and barren in the winter and there is virtually no color outside. Everything looks grey...but what a perfect backdrop for a dull pop of color. Matting allows you to still play with colors but it gives a smoked out edginess to the color and keeps it from being too spring/summery. Soft pastels and neutrals seem to achieve the look the best....so I played around with a few of mine today and here is what I came up with...


Essie "Looking For Love"

This is a very soft lavender. I had to use about four coats to make it totally opaque. See how the matte finisher greys it out a bit, but you still have color...Isn't it lovely? 



Essie "Ballet Slippers"

 An alternative to winter white, just a soft touch of pink. This is four coats as well.



Essie "Mint Candy Apple"

This color is actually in Essie's Winter Collection 2009, but I wanted to see what it looked like matted. It was opaque in just two coats...I actually love it more matted than with the glossy finish.



OPI "Parlez-Vous OPI"

This is one of my staple OPI colors, I keep this in my stash along with "You Don't Know Jacques".  It's such a pretty dark lavender color and the matte makes it even more sophisticated.


OPI "Tickle My Francey"

With the glossy finish it reminds me of some patent nude pumps I have from Banana. With the matte finish it becomes a great nude color for making a statement, without making a statement.

No comments: