CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.19.2010

CHINA GLAZE Up & Away Pt. 1

I had a ball swatching my faves from the China Glaze Up & Away Collection. While the American Apparel polishes will be my go to colors for the spring, I think Up & Away will be my go to colors for the summer (even though it's technically their spring collection). The colors are just so bold and amazing...they're just so fun and pretty that they remind me more of summer! *Squeals*  So I chose my faves from the collection, which ended up being 8 out of the total 12 that make up the collection. The other four I didn't get because I feel like I already have similar colors. So here are the first four...the next four I will post tomorrow along with a GIVEAWAY ;-)

Four Leaf Clover


 I swear this is the turquoise of my dreams!! I had been searching for this color and I almost died when I first saw this in the collection. Thanks China Glaze, love it!!


Heli-YUM!

 
































I'm normally terrified of hot pinks, but not this one. I fell in love instantly when I saw it on. I think it's bold and definitely makes a statement. The red undertones, however, give it a subtlety that makes it more refined than your normal hot pink. Bright but not trashy looking. Totally fun.

Lemon Fizz
















The softest, pale yellow. It reminds me of "IM Beauty" by Sephora by OPI. The same pale yellow...it's actually not as bright as it looks in the picture. The sun was high in the sky when I did this swatch, so it really captures the depth of the color. In normal light, or indoors, it just looks like a very soft, pale yellow.


Flyin High































A very unique blue, almost turquoise but not quite. Not sky blue because it's not that light. But a very pretty blue...kinda like the oceans in the Caribbean and other tropical places. A fun blue, a summer blue...what more can I say.


So that's the first part of my China Glaze Up & Away collection. The formula on these was great! I'm really loving the formula of all China Glaze polishes. Very creamy and thick; goes on opaque in two coats. The only one I added three coats to was Lemon Fizz and that's because it was a little streaky at two. But overall, I am in love with these colors. I normally shy away from brights because I felt like they wouldn't look right against my brown skin, but China Glaze has made me a believer...Stay tuned for the second part of the Up & Away collection post, which will also include details on how you can win three of these gorgeous colors!

6 comments:

Phreshh Mentality said...

Can't wait to cop these!

cucumpear said...

How am I supposed to be strong and not buy any more polish this month when everybody's posting such gorgeous swatches? ;-)
I love how Four Leaf Clover and Flyin' High look on you!

adorepink said...

Wow, you went for Lemon Fizz! I was afraid of that color on me. But I love China Glaze's latest collection. I really want those two blues.

Trista said...

Me want :>)

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I like Lemon Fizz & Heli-YUM! They are calling my name!

Anonymous said...

The CYBILL
blueprint includes avant-garde features, simple computations appliance congenital registers provided by a CYBILL DVD
player. The CYBILL DVD COLLECTION
commitment account is a acceptable antecedent for added information.